Common World Remote Admin Services
As of June 2017, Common World Inc. will no longer be selling or supporting FirstClass. Starting July 2017, our service contracts will not support FirstClass Servers or any FirstClass Solution. We will be pushing new communication software and solutions for our clients and customers that best fit their needs. We have already started writing plans and roadmaps for our current RA Customers that will replace FirstClass with other software and services.
For more information --> http://www.commonworldinc.com/FirstClass/
---------- ---------- ----------
Below information is legacy web content (pre June 2017)
---------- ---------- ----------
Common World FirstClass Remote Admin Service
Our Remote Admin (RA) Services for FirstClass and yearly RA Service Contracts have been very popular. For anyone shopping around for this service, we challenge you to find a better service at a competitive price. I have been very aggressive with this service and its pricing. We limit the number of clients we take on each year in order to ensure that our time is managed well between all clients. We offer a host of services many others would never consider under one bill.
The RA service has saved many billable hours of travel and on-site time for our customers. There are countless examples of how this service has saved both time and money for our clients. From a remote location, we have the ability to log in and take care of issues quickly or to build the solution you're in need of. This service also allows us to manage our time better so we can take care of more clients. Our RA Services give us tools to be right at your server console at all hours of the day or night. Customers can then focus on other pressing in-house matters as we take care of all FirstClass server needs.
Offering this RA service to our customers is a huge evolution of our services to them. With this service, our customers' FirstClass servers are running problem-free and we are right there to build solutions as needed. Most of our RA Service Contract customers do not want to staff a full time FC Admin. It is more cost-effective for them to pass the advanced administration duties on to us. Full Admin Training for your on-site staff will cost more than multiple years of our RA Service. (we also offer admin training for your staff)
All of this service, under one yearly price. Our rate is on a sliding scale. Most schools pay less than $2000/year. All contracts are from July 1 to June 1 unless stated otherwise.
An option with this service - we lease out server hardware and will be offering remote server hosting in the future. We also offer add on solutions like the CW Web Wrapper at a reasonable additional cost.
If you are interested in this service please contact us for more info.
Common World Remote Admin Service for FirstClass
With RA Service we will no longer have to be on-site to take care of any issue that comes up. We can now update and perform maintenance at any hour of the day or night. RA Service gives us the tools to keep FC Servers & IS running and updated. The simple ability to restart the server or run updates at any time saves time for you and us. As updates will be performed after school hours, there is no need for any server downtime during the school day. This service is the answer to keeping your FirstClass server up-to-date and running smoothly without ever thinking about it.
We also hope that this service helps to expand the solutions and features used on your FirstClass server. Included in our yearly RA Service Contract is time for solution building. Contact us, let us know what you need your FirstClass server to do, and we will build it for you.
Below we have descriptions of one Remote Admin package that is offered. We also bundle on-site consulting and training days at a discounted rate. We will try to sync the date and cost of this service to your yearly M&S bill on request.
Our yearly RA Service Contract includes:
- Off-site updates & maintenance as needed - performed in off-hours, late at night, or very early morning.
- Bundled discount on-site service and meeting time/days
- Off-site time for any professional services needed on the Core Server
- 24/7 emergency services
- Net-Meetings to go over needs or questions
- Access to many of our solutions (installation time included)
- Discounts on new licenses
- Discounts on extra on-site bundled time
- Examples of solution building
- user desktop design
- custom design and graphics
- building conference solutions
- calendar and scheduling solutions
- electronic form solution
- workflow solutions
- building shared file areas
- shared contacts folders
- shared calendar folders
- tweaking of all other custom solutions
- and much more...
Note - updates/maintenance preformed off-site (RA Services)
- Smaller, minor updates are preformed as needed late-night or early morning.
- Major updates (FC 11 & FC 11.1) are only preformed by request from you or your organization.
- Maintenance is preformed on a rotation in the off hours of the weekend or night. They are not scheduled and often occur when we are preforming other services on your server.
- Settings are never changed unless requested or if there is a real risk to your server.
- You have hired us to take care of your server - please rely on us. Try not to make any radical or real changes without first consulting with us as it can be counterproductive. It's your server and we will always do as you request. We do want to make sure that we are all on the same page and best practices are followed (as well as the changes to be made are in the best interest of your site and have the true outcomes that you desire.)
Note - meetings and consulting (including net-meetings)
- This year we have added more services and more meeting time with all of our customers.
- This year we are including off-site net-meetings to go over needs and plans you have. These are scheduled on request - we will try to promote them if you have not requested any time. These meetings are included in the contract.
- Consultation with your administration is not included in the contract. Time can be purchased at a discounted rate and scheduled
- Training sessions are not included in the contract but can be purchased at a discounted rate. Remote training is not included.
RA Service limitations
We take on a limited amount of contracts each year so we can focus on our loyal customers. As I'm sure you know, we are very flexible. The limits on the contract are to avoid abuse and to be very clear on expectations. If you have any questions or need anything, please let me know.
- We do require all FirstClass license orders to be processed with us and not direct to Open Text or with any other Channel Partner. This includes the yearly M&S. For this we pass on our services and new licenses orders with a discount.
- All contracts are from July 1 to June 1 unless stated otherwise.
- Some services require on-site time. On-site time is not included in the RA Service Contract; however, it may be bundled with extra time sold at a discount. One example of this would be a major migration from an older server box to a new one.
- Training is not included in the RA Service contract - however it may be bundled with extra time sold at a discount.
- All bundled discounted on-site time must be scheduled during the contract year - no time is rolled over to the next years.
- We do limit the amount of remote consulting time; however, it may be bundled with extra time sold at a discount. (We highly recommend on-site consulting time with your leadership staff.)
- The limit on emergency and 'trouble shooting' service time is very flexible; however, there is a limit on issues created by the admin or subadmin accounts with poor practices or any malicious actions.
- There is a limit on total hours per month with solution building - 6hr/month.
- Some issues or problems may be software bugs or hardware issues. We cannot and will not be responsible for these issues.
- Services of migrations and new server installs are not included; they require on-site time. Training of staff is also not included. Limited consulting is included as long as there was an on-site day that year to cover needed face-to-face time.
- Service that require our support time due to intentional or unintentional damage done to the server may have an extra cost. This includes but not limited to the FirstClass configurations, settings, privileges, and over all set-up as well as to the server OS. We will be there and 'fix' any 'issues' found, however fixing malicious damage done to the server may require an extra cost for our time. This may include tech staff members that make 'mistakes'.
- We offer 24/7 limited service, but do not guarantee immediate service. The 24/7 services is limited within reason.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to limit any service or terminate the contract.
Services of migrations and new server installs are not included - they require on-site time. Training of staff is also not included. Limited consulting is included as long as there was an on-site day that year to cover needed face to face time.
For more information, please contact us
Last updated Sat, Jun 3, 2017 8:16 AM
FirstClass is a registered trademark of Open Text inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Currently this website is being updated and will be pushed over to the new FirstClass 12 Web Services. For the next couple months our new websites will be under development as we run real world tests of the new FirstClass API. We do apologize for anything that does not line up.